Recent activities and happenings related to the IFIP WG 1.8 on
Concurrency Theory and its members, roughly in reverse chronological
- IFIP WG 1.8 organizes a workshop on Formal Methods for
Embedded Systems at FMweek in Eindhoven. The event is organised by
Ulla Goltz, Uwe Nestmann, Rob van Glabbeek and Bas Luttik.
- IFIP WG 1.8 together with IFIP WG 2.2 will organize a workshop at
CONCUR 2009 in Bologna, on Wednesday 2 September 2009. The theme is
"behavioural varieties in concurrency" and we would like to have a
discussion on the equivalences used in concurrency and their
applications. The invited speakers who have confirmed their participation at the event so far are:
- August 2007: Member of WG1.8 Luca de Alfaro has recently hit
the news for
his work on an evaluation of trust in contributions to Wikipedia.
(See Demo: Coloring the text of the Wikipedia
according to its trust.)
- 27-30 August 2006: Orna Kupferman and Uwe Nestmann are
invited speaker and invited tutorial holder at CONCUR 2006.
- Andy Gordon and Orna Kupferman are
invited speakers at LICS 2006.
- 14 March 2006:
A Conversation with Steve Ross-Talbot (ACM Queue vol. 4, no. 2 - March 2006)
mentions the collaborations between Pi4 Technologies and members of the
working group Kohei Honda and Nobuko Yoshida.