Luca Aceto's Slides for Some Recent Talks
of my favourite open problems in the equational logic of
processes. Talk at Open
Problems in Concurrency Theory, Bertinoro (Italy), 18-21 June
Formats for Structural Operational Semantics: A Very Short
Introduction. Seminar at the Laboratory for Computer Science,
Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 21
Synchronization Trees and Processes. Seminar at IMT Lucca, 30
Audio and slides of the talk
Alan Turing: The Father
of Computer Science in .avi
Turing Year events organized by ICE-TCS at Reykjavik University,
12 January 2012.
Rule Format for Unit Elements. ICE-TCS seminar, 30 October
Formulae for Fixed-Point Semantics: A General Framework. Talk
delivered at EXPRESS'09,
16th International Workshop on Expressiveness in Concurrency, 5
- The Saga of the
Equational Axiomatization of Parallel Composition. Invited
talk delivered at CONCUR
2007, Lisbon, Portugal, 5 September 2007.
- Ready To Preorder:
Get Your BCCSP Axiomatization for Free!. Talk delivered at the
2nd Conference on Algebra and
Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO'07), Bergen, Norway, 24
- How Do You Like
Iceland? A View from a Foreign Academic. Talk delivered at
Conference on Iceland as an International Workplace in Science and
Technology, Reykjavik (Iceland), May 4, 2007.
On the Axiomatizability of Priority.
Talk delivered at the
Second ICE-TCS Symposium on Theoretical Computer Science, Reykjavik
(Iceland), May 31, 2006.
Impossibility Results in the Equational Logic of Processes.
Invited talk delivered at the
Workshop on LOGIC, MODELS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (LMCS06)
, Camerino (Italy), April 20-22, 2006.
- Bisimilarity is not Finitely
Based over BPA with Interrupt. Talk delivered at the Symposium on
the Semantics of Concurrency, Eindhoven University of Technology,
The Netherlands, 26 September 2005.
- The Importance of
Research for a Modern University. Talk delivered at the
Autumn 2005 Reykjavik University staff
day, August 17, 2005, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The Importance of Being Negative (with Emphasis on the Equational Logic of Processes). Seminar delivered at the Inaugural ICE-TCS Symposium held at Reykjavik University,
April 30, 2005, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The Joys of Bisimulation. Part 1: Games Processes Play. Seminar at Reykjavik University,
March 31, 2005, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- The Role of Hennessy's Merge
in the Quest for Finite Equational Axiomatizations of Parallel
Composition Modulo Bisimilarity. Seminar at BRICS, Aalborg University,
September 29, 2004, Aalborg, Denmark. [Abstract]
- How to Referee a Scientific
Paper. Seminar at ReykjavÃk
University, November 14, 2003, ReykjavÃk, Iceland.
- How to Give a Talk. Seminar at ReykjavÃk University, October 31, 2003,
- How to Write a Paper. Seminar at ReykjavÃk University, October 23, 2003,
- Nested Semantics over Finite Trees are Equationally Hard. Invited talk at EXPRESS'03, 10th International
Workshop on Expressiveness in Concurrency, September 2, 2003,
- Kleene Through the Process Algebraic
Glass. Invited talk at FICS'02.
- A Fully
Equational Proof of Parikh's Theorem. (Courtesy of Zoltán Ésik)
- Equational Theories of Tropical Semirings.
[Slides for the FoSSaCS '01
talk (PostScript file)]
Slides for a seminar talk based
on this paper (PostScript file)]
- 2-Nested Simulation is
not Finitely Equationally Axiomatizable. (Courtesy of Anna IngÃ³lfsdÃ³ttir)