|In this course, you will learn how the fundamental operations of a computer. You will learn how and why the CPU -- the machine's brain -- works, how it interprets data, and how it manipulates types. You will learn basic proficiency with the UNIX operating system and how to write simple C programs.
- How to work on Linux in bash
- What are programs and how they run
- How to write basic programs in C
- Data representation
- Bit operations
- Integer and floating point representations
- Intel x86 assembly code using AT & T syntax
|On completing the course, students should be able to:
- Use the Linux command line, including pipelining
- Write, compile and debug simple C programs on Linux
- Explain how commands, data, integers and floating point numbers are stored in memory
- Explain the basic operations of the Intel x86 CPU
- Disassemble, trace and perform rudimentary debugging of programs written in Intel x86 assembly.
Var efnið hjálplegt?